District 5 (Wards 7 & 9) includes Mill St., June St., Newton Square, Worcester State University, Tatnuck, West Tatnuck, Airport Hill, Moreland Hill, Columbus Park, Stafford St., Heard St., Main St. from Webster Square to Cherry Valley.
Gary Rosen’s background and experience include:
* Graduate of Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI)
* Retired high school chemistry teacher
* Former member of the Worcester School Committee and
Worcester City Council-At-Large
* Columnist (on leave) for Worcester Magazine
* Host of Rosen’s Roundtable (WCCA TV 13)
* President of the Friends of Worcester’s Senior Center, Inc.
For Gary Rosen, the City Council is
public service, not self-service.
As your District 5 City Councilor, Gary Rosen will, among others:
* provide visible and accountable representation by promptly returning
phone calls and emails from constituents and holding office hours
* participate in all crime and neighborhood watch meetings in District 5
* encourage civic engagement and involvement by helping to establish in
District 5 the city’s first neighborhood council as defined in Section 8
of Worcester’s charter.
* involve District 5 residents in planning for future expansion, if any, at
the Worcester Regional Airport including cargo, traffic and access issues
* promote the district to attract new investment, business development
and job creation
* work to make the district cleaner, safer, and more appealing to middle
class families and college students
* seek adequate funds for sidewalk and street resurfacing in District 5
* publish an online newsletter to provide information, meeting schedules
and more to District 5 residents and business owners
* be an independent voice on the council and demand that all business
be conducted in public
* expand efforts on the council to increase regional collaboration among